Tuesday, 12 May 2015

Summer Staple #1 | The Denim Dress

I'm beginning to dress more and more like my mother in the seventies. But trust me, that's no bad thing! Recently i'm obsessed with all things 70's chic, from wacky florals to hours of Carole King albums. But this little denim dress is a sweet and sophisticated way to channel your inner hippie chick. I adore my little belted number from Miss Selfridge and I know you will too. 



Mum has always been a fashion inspo for me, especially when she was in her twenties - she knew how to put a gorgeous outfit together, and i'd like to think i've inherited some of her style smarts. Well, this dress is mama approved! I think she maybe had the same one when she was my age - just shows you how styles come back around! 



This dress is so easy to wear, it really fits every occasion. I've worn it out with thick black tights and Docs (when the Great British weather hasn't been on my side) and like this with flat little sandals! So so versatile, a true summer staple! The fabric is a lovely soft denim which makes it super comfy and wearable. I've been chucking a cute little Urban Outfitters rain coat over it when i've got to make a dash to the shops or into Uni and it's a combo that always gets compliments! Throwback to 6 year old Katy, who could also have been seen rocking this look!! A truly timeless piece. Invest in some denim this summer gals.


Here's a link to me singing some Carole King so you can get your 70's vibes on too ladies! 


It won't let you down! 

Lots of love, 
Katy xoxo


SHARE:

2 comments

Nichelle said...

Love your outfit doll! Great voice too!

Nicole de PennyLane said...

I have never thought that denim dress would look so pretty! I really want to buy one now!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig