Tuesday, 20 January 2015

January Blues | Wardrobe Edition

New Year. No money. Has anyone else got a serious case of the January blues? Christmas has been and gone and i’m back to reality with a thud. (Literally; i’ve spent the best part of this week flat out on my bum in the ice). It’s quite simply been too cold to function here in ‘sunny’ Glasgow. The winter boots are out, Electric blankets on and Santa Clause has buggered off to holiday in the Bahamas… Smart chap. 

But, for those of you who’ve got to stick it out, like me i’m here to help. I’ve put together a couple of low maintenance, low cost outfits for you. They’re all either sale buys or re-vamped and re-cycled looks that will help you to face the nine am freeze. 


2. In winter it’s all about accessories - even the most basic outfit can be glammed up with simple and easy to wear jewellery and outerwear. I picked up this crystal dual necklace in the UO sale for £5 - I’ve worn it every day since (even looks good with a chunky polo neck!). Also this faux fur scarf (Topshop) adds a perfect touch of glamour to any jean day. AlSO I had to share this bag with you. It's a gorgeous vintage-esque everyday bag and it was only £10 by Therapy. 


2. Speaking of jeans, black jeans and thick tights are your best friend for this time of year. They are simple and go with everything! I love my Joni jeans because they are super high wasted and flattering when paired with a baggy jumper like this one from H&M. (anyone else loving the scoop neck roll?). 





3. The Docs have come out to keep me safe on these icy mornings - although i’ve still ended up on my derier most days. They are brilliant with a pair of hidden fluffy socks. I picked up this pair in Office (which is great because they do student discount). I love this chelsea boot style - it’s a sophisticated and versatile way to rock the Dr M’s.



4. Basics are your friend, simple polo necks and mini skirts are my best friend in colder climates (obviously this makes warm tights essential). I also like to wear this woollen, cable knit cardi underneath any winter jackets - it’s super cosy and was a huge bargain! It’s from Jack Wills (how could that be cheap I hear you say?) WELL it was £97 reduced to £27, and it’s saved my life. 



Okay guys so that’s about all. I hope i’ve given you some winter inspiration! I know it’s hard to stay motivated in this chill, but you can still be fashion forward, even if your head is rewinding back to bed. 

Remember giveaway for 1,000 Blog Lovers - please subscribe to my YouTube! Lots of love, 

Katy xoxo
SHARE:

3 comments

Summer Hanif said...

Love the outfits! It's gotten so much colder recently so jumpers are really the only option right now!

owlsinthesummer.blogspot.co.uk

Candice Petersen said...

These are some really great pieces... I like the bag

Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

♥♥♥

Abbie Cronin said...

I didn't even Dr Martens did boots like these. They are amazing!!

www.aboutxgirl.blogspot.co.uk

Blogger Template Created by pipdig