Tuesday, 16 December 2014

Winter in Glitter | Festive Make Up


Okay, so first off i’d like to apologise.
I’ve taken a little break from blogging over the past three weeks. It’s been a crazy time with lots of uni deadlines and exams. You know where i’m coming from… It’s been awful! BUT, now i’m back to my chaotic glitter explosions and last minute make up photoshoots. 'Dissolve in Scottish Rain' is  in action! AND to kick of this gorgeous Christmas countdown, let’s get right to it with a glittery, wintery look. 

So this look is essentially a festive twist on my every day autumnal eye. Just create your usual base but, to make it extra special, up the anti with that highlighter! To create this dewy finish I simply sweep my SLEEK highlight across the cheekbones, brow bone and cupids bow. FOR my eyes, which are definitely the focus of this festive edition, I have used my personalised mac mini palate. Don’t be put off by this, you can essentially use any brand - what we’re looking for is a brown smokey eye. 




Firstly I apply my Urban Decay ‘Shadow Primer Potion’ in SIN. This is my favourite primer because it creates a buildable champagne base colour that flatters every skin tone. I added a matte brown colour from my Mac palate into the crease with my feathery Real Techniques eye brush and blended - LOTS. I hooked this colour up with a bronze sheen swept across the entire lid. AGAIN I blended this in circular motions to create a buffed out bronze affect. THIS looks gorgeous as it is, but… Just because it’s Christmas… 

I’ve added an extra special dimension to the look by sweeping the gorgeous MAC creme shade - chilled on ice into the tear duct and into the bronzed corner of the lid. These creamy shades are amazing, BUT an excellent dupe is the Bourjouis 24 hour colour edition. 


Next I spritzed a flat eye shadow brush with FIX PLUS (hairspray will do) and dabbed it into my GOLD glitter pigment. Watch out, this can get messy. For a night out look you can pack this pigment across the whole lid to make it extra special, but i’ve just patted it across the eye on top of the creme shade. 

Here’s the finished look! ON my lips i’m rocking a festive berry shade, my favourite Kate Moss for Rimmel in the colour 30. 



What do you think?
Lots of love, 


Katy xoxo
SHARE:

6 comments

Madame Ostrich said...

Hi Katy! This look is so pretty and festive on you! I love how you chose a rich, bright berry lip instead of a red one. It's very unexpected and lovely.

Have a great week! Glad you're back!


XxMO
madame-ostrich.com

Summer Hanif said...

Love the eye makeup!

owlsinthesummer.blogspot.co.uk

Jessica The Pyreflies said...

Beautiful makeup, you look gorgeous! :)

Jessica
the.pyreflies.org

María Alejandra Aristizábal said...

Great look for the Holiday season. Thanks for sharing!
xx

www.alemint.net
alemint.blogspot.com

Olivia Jayne said...

I love your blog so much! Especially the design. I'd love to include you in my December blog favourites. If thats ok with you then leave a comment over on my blog to let me know. Merry Christmas! x

www.pinkcupcake7.blogspot.co.uk

Katy 'J said...

Thank you all for your gorgeous comments and hope you all had a brilliant Christmas time!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig