Sunday, 28 December 2014

Christmas Mischief | What's in my Stocking and Life Lessons

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you are all thoroughly enjoying the festive season. Mine has been full of highs and lows, but all in all I’ve spent a brilliant few days away with my mum and come to realise what’s really important. I’m going to share with you some of the goodies I got from Santa, and a few other special people, this year. I know this time of the year  is less about things and more about appreciating the people who you love - but the stuff doesn’t hurt! Tip of the day… Sometimes people will surprise you and be there for you when you least expect it, and other times doing the right thing is a lost cause, so just shake it off and kick start this new year surrounded by the right people in your life. Preaching, i know - but think about it. 


Okay so I was extremely lucky this year and got some gorgeous and thoughtful presents - and don’t worry i returned the favour! Although i’m not sure they were so well received... sometimes you just can’t get it right! Here are some of my favourite bits and bobs - i haven’t included the Taylor Swift tickets in this photo montage, but trust me, I am over the moon about getting to see the love of my life in the flesh in June! 

Mum always knows best. She got me some gorgeous Pandora goodies and my first ever Chanel, plus wee bits and bobs for my flat! SPOILT rotten just about covers it. Don’t worry i spoilt her too - tips for mums, try something more personal www.notonthehighstreet.com came up gold for me this year! I love homeware and am thinking about doing a proper homeware haul - so let me know if you guys want to see that — here’s a preview!! 





Lewis really got it right this year and got me the most beautiful fossil bangle - it’s gorgeous and understated and I don’t deserve it… Sometimes people just know how to put a smile back on your face, even when they’re hundreds of miles away. (ps he also got me a Saccone Joly calendar, not because he understands my obsession, but because he can be amazing sometimes) x


The photo montage speaks for itself - i’m one very lucky girl. I will be doing a make up brush post soon which will include the mac keepsake collection pictured above - so don’t worry - a review is coming soon! 


I just want to add a little bit about this time of year. This past month has been full of tragedy - I can’t turn on the news or walk down the street without being reminded of how fragile life is. I think i’ve decided now to start living. Cut out negativity and focus on the people you love - who knows how long they will be there. Say sorry, reach out and be kind- people might not take it the right way but know in your heart that you’ve done your bit and move on. I’ve spent years beating myself up about silly mistakes that might not even have been mine, but you can’t live like that ladies. New Year, new you. 

In the same vein... if something doesn’t make you happy anymore is it worth clinging on to? Just because you don’t like yourself doesn’t mean you deserve to be walked over. 
So, some Christmas reflection/ranting for you but I hope you all had a lovely festive season. Let me know if you agree with my new philosophy and what goodies you all got from Santa- boy he’s good! 

Thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Glasgow. 
Lots of love, 
Katy xoxo

SHARE:

6 comments

Beka Theaker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roseanne Bradley said...

What a lovely post! Looks like you were a very lucky girl, your presents look beautiful :)

Rosie xox
leblogderosy.blogspot.co.uk

Annabel B said...

Gorgeous presents, love the pillow!

Annabel ♥
Mascara & Maltesers

thriftylilpixie said...

Love the pug pillow and the chip cup so cute! Gave you a follow on bloglovin also!

thriftylilpixie.blogspot.ie

Inês de Castro said...

I've just found your blog and I think it's really inspiring, it will be an honor for me if you can visit mine too, and if you want to follow, it will be a pleasure to follow you back! :) <3

Fashion gets Fierce.

Teni Bakare said...

i love the tea cup! It's incredibly cute, and that Chanel perfume is to die for! Loving your blog so far :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig