Friday, 12 September 2014

Short Hair, Don't Care | New Hair Day


Short hair, don't care... Or do I. Excusing the occasional intrusion of a fringe or two i've been rocking the long blonde look for as long as I can remember. BUT recently I took the plunge and gave my hair a much needed trim. And then some... And then some more... AND I love it. 

Inspired by Ashley Benson, Taylor Swift, Marilyn and all the other bob rockers I took the plunge. AND, I think, it's paid off. For a start my hair was wrecked. The ends were more feathered than a duster and it was just as lifeless. This change was inevitable SO i've decided to embrace it. Here is the finished look... 


So, what do you think? It's short but still volumised. MORE sophisticated but somehow more fun. AND certainly easier to maintain. 

Since chopping my locks i've discovered I can still do a lot of the same styles as I did with my boho mane. NOW, however they look a lot more elegant. I suppose it's a reflection of getting older - I certainly feel a lot more feminine and mature - weird right? I thought long hair was key to feeling confident - turns out stripping it all back is a lot more invigorating (and swishable).

My hero products so far with this new look is the Bumble and Bumble 'Surf Spray'. This is definitely an indulgent product - and WAS courtesy of the birthday fairy- BUT I promise you it's how I achieved the messy 'out of bed' texture featured above. Just sprits it onto wet hair and pray for a miracle *or a curling iron*. 


THIS is my HERO product of the minute. It adds texture but not grease. I didn't love it with my longer hair - it made it look tangled and just added confusion instead of volume. 

BUT on shorter hair it is more concentrated and creates a really effortless wave. I would highly recommend this range. Bumble is expensive (way too expensive) BUT it works. If you have any product suggestions please leave them in the comments. Would be GREAT to hear advice from other short haired gals. 
                      
I've got more short hair styles coming up soon, keep an eye out for a Marilyn look tomorrow, 

Katy xoxo
SHARE:

12 comments

Jessica The Pyreflies said...

Whenever my hair starts to get super long, cutting it short is always the best feeling! I'm glad you like your haircut so much!! You look great!

Jessica
the.pyreflies.org

Alina Bostan said...

Your hair is gorgeous suits you so well! I love the waves in it, I can never get mine to look like that x

Beauty with charm

Roseanne Bradley said...

Your hair looks lovely! xox

Abi S said...

Your hair looks lovely! It's such a nice colour too! Love your make up as well! Abi :)
MyW0rldMyView

Nina Kobi said...

Great hair style.


http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

Katy 'J said...

it's brilliant isn't it - even more swish able too haha x

Katy 'J said...

aw just take a wee curling tong to it - don't use the clamps just wrap for a natural look x

Katy 'J said...

thank you! x

Katy 'J said...

thank you so much Abi!! x

Katy 'J said...

aw i'm so happy it's getting good feedback from you all! change is good x

Abi S said...

Hi againnn haha, I've just nominated you for an award check out my post for more info chum! You don't have to do it but I needed 15 nominees so thought I'd choose you! Abi :)

http://myw0rldmyview.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/one-lovely-blog-award.html?

Renee May said...

Your hair looks great, Katy! I'm sure the idea of getting shorter hair was a bit terrifying at first, but I'm glad you tried it out anyway. You really look stunning with your new do. Thanks for sharing that! Stay gorgeous! :)

Renee May @ Virgin Hair Fixx

Blogger Template Created by pipdig