Sunday, 3 August 2014

Lipstick Product Addict | Tag



SO, before I jet off to NYC I have time for ANOTHER beauty related post. This time it's all about my LIPSTICK addiction. Despite my LOVE for lipstick, from creme sheen to matte; high end to high-street, I just wasn't sure if people would REALLY find insight into MY collection all that interesting... HOWEVER, the lovely Jordan challenged me, so thought i'd let you have a peak. 

(Back to NY - Comment if you'd like to see what I get up to on my trip)

I love TAGS. It's a great way to get people talking about new products. It generates interest and pleases nosey parkers like me who want to nick some lip-smaking tips. WELL, that's enough gabbing from me - onto the good stuff, the questions. I'll try to keep it short and sweet for ya. 


1. What is your favorite balm or treatment? TREATMENT wise it's got to be my BubbleGum lip-scrub by LUSH. I picked it up purely as a gimmick. It tastes like a sweet shop and was a perfect pocket money purchase. BUT more than that, this product has become a staple in my routine and provides relief from dry/chapped lips; allowing lipstick to apply smoothly. It's a winner and I always team it with a drugstore lip-balm; easy peasy lip care. 


2. What is your favorite eye catching red? Definitely 'Ruby Woo' by Mac. The first Mac Lipstick I ever bought was 'Russian Red' and that was amazing too. Recently though i've been converted to Ruby; she is a little bit warmer and less severe - but both are matte with amazing staying power; I don't know how Mac do it! 


3. The best luxury and drugstore product? BEST luxury product is definitely this gorgeous coral YSL lipstick that I got for my school dance last year. It is beautiful and a really complimentary shade; plus it looks gorgeous on the outside! That golden packaging, what can I say? It's definitely luxurious and DEFINITELY more than I would normally spend. Not totally worth it; but it does look amazing. Drugstore wise; I love these 'Apocalypse' lip laquers... They have amazing staying power and are a brilliant gloss/lipstick hybrid. 



4. Best MAC lipstick? RECENTLY i've really loved a bright lip; and i'm trying to stray away from my classic big hair, red lipstick look. SO i've turned to these shades from Mac - don't ask me to pick a favourite - could you? 'Morange' is a bright, sunshine orange and 'Flat out Fabulous' a highly pigmented magenta. 



5. Most disappointing lip product? hmm, probably the Clinique Chubby Stick. They provided a great balm but had little to no colour pigmentation. 


6. Lip Liner: Yes or No? DON'T be scared of lip liner - it can be a huge asset - avoid that line by blending - it just saves any overspill and if you're a fan of a bold lip it's a must... The Body Shop have really reasonably priced neutrals that can be paired with almost ANY lipstick look. 


7. Favorite gloss? WITHOUT a doubt, this gorgeous plush pink lipstick by Benefit. It's a smooth sheen top-coat and it looks beautiful with its Gatsby-esque packaging. 


SO, there we have it. Next post will be coming to you from the big apple. Hope you liked this ladies!
Katy xoxo
SHARE:

5 comments

Kelsie Reynolds said...

I see a topshop lipstick up there, do you like them? I haven't tried any yet and want to get some if they're any good, as if I need more lip products. hahha

Katy 'J said...

they are really nice, only fault is there slightly crumbly consistency... :? xo

Louise Francesca said...

I love the lush bubblegum scrub as well! I get really dry lips so I use it all the time, would be great if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

Istylethereforeiiwear

Mathilda said...

Great post I love your blog! Following you on bloglovin maybe you could check my blog out? :)

http://mathildasbeautylife.blogspot.com/

emma mcmullen said...

you have amazing posts! loved reading this, absolutely love the mac lipstick shades and i'm in total agreement with the rimmel apocalips', they're amazing!
emmamcmullen.blogspot.co.uk x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig