Thursday, 28 August 2014

Bare Faced Nudes | Natural Essentials


Mischief Managed. I have worked my way through most of my Mac voucher - and I have to say - they did not disappoint. Guilt free spending is, without a doubt THE BEST present a girl could receive. Well, it certainly is for me!  As part of my splurge I picked up some of the perfect ingredients for a natural 'nude' face. 

I think I have gone through almost every Mac foundation type. This is natural I suppose, as your skin changes so do your foundation needs - whilst my skin was at its worse I swore by Mac Studio Sculpt because it offered heavy duty coverage and a really matte finish. On reflection, this is not a look I plan to rock in the future. My skin is generally more balanced now and can deal with a lighter more vibrant finish; when helped along with a bit of concealer of course! I get that look with this gorgeous MatchMaster foundation. It is light and dewy. I use the shade 1.0. it looks HEALTHY and NATURAL. 


I also picked up a nude lip, this is in the shade 'Honey Love' and is perfect for every-day application. It's a matte lipstick so does go on in a strong colour block. It also looks amazing with a dash of lipgloss over the top. It's a build able shade that ESPECIALLY compliments pale skin and a soft complexion. 


As far as a natural eye look, you can't go wrong with a trusty Naked Palate. BELIEVE ME that's all i've used for years. BUT, a treat's a treat and I wasn't going to say no to these... I love creme consistency products. THE blogging community has been raving about the creme shade 'Painterly' for eons and i've only just caught on. SO that was my number one MUST HAVE. It's an elegant primer/base shade. The application is smooth and creaseless. I adore it.

For more special occasions I also picked up 'Chilled on Ice'. This is a glistening shade that adds a fairytale dimension to the natural face. IT is quite similar to the 'Let's Skate' paint pot, but is warmed up with champagne tones as opposed to its colder counterpart. THESE shades together work to create an effortless day to night nude. 

I would ALWAYS top off a nude look with some contouring. This is where I step out of bounds and turn to Benefit's Hoola bronzer. IT'S non shimmery and build able with pressure. It's smooth and honey toned. A perfect base bronze but also a beautiful contour in its own right. Sorry bank balance! 



I hope you liked these natural face products, speak soon!

Katy xoxo
SHARE:

6 comments

Amy said...

Love the lipstick. I've never try anything by Mac. I'd love to have something by Mac in my city

style-mepretty.blogspot.com

Jordan Linton said...

Wowza!! I absolutely love Painterly so I'm sure you will too!! I've nominated you for the One Lovely Blog award :) I'd love for you to get involved! :) http://jloisbeauty.wordpress.com/2014/09/04/one-lovely-blog-award-tag/
xxx

Louise Francesca said...

great post, Hoola is my all time favourite product! its the only bronzer I've found that isnt too orange or muddy, would really love if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

Istylethereforeiiwear

Ellabella said...

The lipstick is really pretty!

Ellabella

Emmajane. said...

Gorgeous lipstick colour, mac never fail! X

hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
// BLOGLOVIN

jasmine turner said...

I must try the matchmaster foundation, it sounds lovely! I love honeylove lipstick, its one of my fave shades, so gorgeous!
xprincessjas | ♥

Blogger Template Created by pipdig