Sunday, 27 July 2014

Liebster Award | Thank you!



Delighted doesn't cut it. I was so happy when I checked my inbox this morning and DISCOVERED that I had been NOMINATED for a Liebster Award by the beaut Alina from 'Beauty with Charm'  & by the just as lovely Julie-Ann from 'Our Dreams of Fashion'. I was absolutely thrilled that two gals with such lovely blogs of their own had taken the time to read mine, and say that they liked it! After reading up on Liebster I am even more glad she did... (Thank you again Alina and Julie-Ann!)  

This is a brilliant idea to connect 'newbie' bloggers like me who have a relatively small network. Through it you can find new blogs to lust over AND even start up relationships with other gorgeous blog-addicts. I LOVED browsing through the award answers that I found on BlogLovin' and am excited to share my own with you all on 'Dissolve in Scottish Rain'... AND, of course, share some BLOGS with you i've been loving myself. 

The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
1 - Thank/link the blogger who nominated you.
2 - Answer the 11 questions that they have written for you.
3 - Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4 - Nominate other bloggers with under 200 followers who you believe deserve the award.
5 - Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer & be sure to let them know that they have been selected.

So... You've got the rules down now right? FIRST some random facts... 11 to be precise. 

  1. I am the proud owner of not one but TWO Blue Peter badges... Hold your applause, please.
  2. I am hopelessly bad at sports, lacking any co-ordination at all - in fact my teachers used to bet on how SLOW I would be, thanks guys - confidence boost...
  3. I have a Diploma in Musical Theatre.
  4. I have to hide my hopeless addiction to cheese because my boyfriend can't stand the stuff. 
  5. SOMETIMES I have dreams and wake up worried because i'm convinced they've come true...
  6. WHEN i'm not at uni I live at home in a little house that I LOVE with my gorgeous mama, she's my rock.
  7. I appear quite confident when i'm comfortable but I never rush into new situations, i'm scared of people sometimes...
  8. I LOVE adventures, no matter how small. 
  9. I want to live in BERLIN when I leave uni and not JUST because beer is cheaper than water; because I LOVE it. 
  10. I HATE not having a job, keeping busy and earning money makes me HAPPIER. 
  11. I've watched that Slow Loris eating a rice ball video over one hundred times. 
SO, i'm sure that was absolutely delightful... BUT if you still have any burning questions that my array of pointless facts failed to answer, fear not. Here are some lovely little conversation starters from Alina...
  1. What is a recent movie you went to see and loved? RECENTLY I went to see the Fault in our Stars. I know it's clichĂ© to say 'I love it' and 'I cried' but this is not the time for lies. I did love it and I definitely cried. I'd forgotten a lot of the details from the book so the bits that were altered didn't matter to me. It was a brilliant film and the texting made it so relatable... It broke my heart all over again. 
  2. What is your current beauty product that you just can’t live without? THIS is a difficult question for me. A combination of my curiosity and addiction to make up hauls MEANS that I rarely over-use any one product. BUT cosmetic wise, the one product that will never get old for me is a classic red lip. EITHER Mac 'Ruby Woo' or 'Russian Red' (my first Mac lipstick).
  3. What is your favourite social network site and why? The site I check on most is probably Facebook. It's where I can communicate old friends and get some insight into everyone's lives since they've moved on with university/work. BUT Instagram is the most fun. 
  4. How are you finding the whole blogging experience? I love blogging. It has given me purpose where I was lost. It's a brilliant community and I feel connected to something I never thought I could have been. 
  5. If you could choose to have one superpower, what would it be? I would say mind-reading BUT i'm not sure I want to hear some of the mean comments/weird stuff that goes on in people's heads. SO i'll say something awesome like being able to FLY.
  6. Who is an inspiration to you in your life? My inspiration is definitely my grandpa. He's a teacher and a DJ and he's in his seventies... Tell me your grandpa is cooler? You can't. 
  7. What is your favourite guilty pleasure? (It can be anything at all) I don't think I have any... i'm so embarrassing anyway and MOST of what I do is out there. I'm like an open book, everyone knows it all. 
  8. Can you describe yourself in three words? (All positive please) passionate, driven and real. 
  9. What is the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you? Honestly, far too many embarrassing things have happened to me to narrow it down to ONE. But once I got into an old ladies car and demanded she take me home thinking she was a TAXI driver. Yeah, she wasn't...
  10. Can you name one place in the world you would love to visit? I would LOVE to go to San Francisco - have done since The Princess Diaries. Looks amazing; and hey - if Julie Andrews wants to make me a Princess while i'm there I won't complain. 
  11. What is your worst habit? overthinking. 
NOW, time for my NOMINATIONS. I've found some hidden gems for ya, don't you worry. 

  1.  Abbie from 'Abbie-Says' 
  2. Kaitlin from 'Blue Valentine Vintage'
  3. Emily from 'Missemr'
  4. 'The Cherry Boudoir'
  5. Karin from 'Trendy Tuesday'
  6. Jordan from 'All Things Beauty'
  7. Roseanne from 'All things Rosy' 
  8. Carrie from 'Pretty Little Design'
  9. Emily from 'Under the Scottish Rain'
  10. Kirsty from 'Keep it Classy' 
  11. Anna from 'A for Vogue'
So, you lovely ladies are the people I have chosen to nominate for this lovely challenge. All you have to do is answer some very exciting questions prepared by yours truly AND link me up when you're done because I can't wait to read the answers! 
  1. What would be the name of your alter-ego?
  2. If you could write a drama based on your life who would play YOU and your BEST FRIEND?
  3. What high-street shop is your kryptonite?
  4. Where do you see yourself in 16 years (precise, I know)? 
  5. What are your blogger goals? 
  6. CLOTHES or MAKEUP?
  7. What is one trend that you will NEVER be able to get your head around?
  8. You're having a dinner party, you can invite three people - who?  (dead or alive / famous or friends) 
  9. If you could look into the future and see your life, would you do it?
  10. What's your most annoying feature?
  11. Who is your inspiration? 
SO ladies, I think that's it. AND guess what? That was so much fun. I am so chuffed to have been asked to take part in this blogger to blogger award nomination game. I will wear my badge with pride. 

Check out these blogs guys! I read them myself, and even know a couple of the girls - they're great - YOU WON'T be disappointed. 
Enjoy... Katy xoxo


SHARE:

10 comments

Alina Bostan said...

Loved reading this and giggling to myself! I can actually relate to so many of your facts and answers :)! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

http://beautywithcharm.blogspot.co.uk

Julie-Ann Seago said...

I loved reading this and getting to know more about you! I'm glad you enjoyed the Liebster award- I think it's such a cute idea!

ourdreamsoffashion.com

xxx

Karin Marco said...

Hello dear! I'm in love with your blog, beautiful design and lovely post! Thank you so much for your nomination, but I did a post on Liebster award about a week ago, but thank you again for nominating me, it means so much to me!
xx,
http://trendythirsday.blogspot.com

Katy 'J said...

thank you so much Alina! haha yeah it's so funny when that happens!

xo

Katy 'J said...

thank you so much Julie-Ann - was so happy you nominated me! I think it's lovely too

xo

Katy 'J said...

thank you so much Karin! i'm so happy you like it - oh sorry, I must have missed it! No worries at all, I really love it - that's why it's up there!

xo

Kirsty Gordon said...

Thanks for the nomination Katy. My answers/questions certainly won't live up to yours but here they are.

http://kirstylouisegordon.wordpress.com/2014/07/27/thank-younominations-the-leibster-award/

Absolutely loving your blog, it's seamless.
Kirsty x

Katy 'J said...

Thank you so much Kirsty! Can't wait to read it- so glad you like it! Xoxo

Maja said...

Wow you came up with some great questions! Loved #1, 8 & 9. X Maja

majaestellee.wordpress.com

Roseanne Bradley said...

Thank you so much for the nomination! Your questions were great, I've done my best to answer them back on le bloggy :)
http://leblogderosy.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/q-dissolve-in-scottish-rain-liebster.html

Love Roseanne xox

Blogger Template Created by pipdig