Thursday, 29 May 2014

Gorgeous Pastel Trend | Review




























This is a review of my favourite summer palate - what Company magazine have aptly named the 'Ice Cream' pastel colours trend.

It's so summery and unashamedly feminine, which is what makes it so appealing to me! Those baby pinks we never quite grew out of are painting the pages of MissGuided and Asos this summer; they've even hit the runway.

This trend has caught the eye of SO many bloggers and Instagrammers, the self professed 'Queen of Pastels' Charlotte Fisher included. I have fully embraced this trend purchasing various lilac and sherbet yellow items, however if this trend is just too sweet to handle, here are some subtle ways to incorporate this summery vibe into your accessories...

Also, this is a brilliant way to be on trend... Without breaking the bank in the process.

I have focused mainly on nails for this feature because I am just loving the pastel nail colours I have found on the highstreet - Models Own have a brilliant collection, but the ones I have purchased include American Apparel's pink 'Coney Island' and their 'Lilac' nail lacquer. They retailed at around £8 which is quite expensive, but I got mine as part of a bargain deal. They apply really consistently and are really smooth and quick drying - but they really really do encapsulate this gorgeous pastel trend at minimal effort - making even the most basic of outfits somewhat FashionForward.

The next nail varnish is one I bought a while ago and its the BarryM texturised polish in Ridley Road. This one is different because it hardens in a rough texture which I don't really love - I much prefer their Gelly texture finish - this is a great alternative to the Nails Inc Gel Effect which are a bit more pricey. This BarryM polish was £3.99 from Boots and is a gorgeous mint green - a lot cheaper but just as on point for this pastel look.

My last pastel go to would be Primark; I had a rummage the other day and they have some gorgeous pieces in this palate - so much baby pink - it's like girl heaven - cheap and gorgeous. I picked up a dupe on my Rock n Rose crown that you know I love in a baby pink and creme /// but instead of being £24... STEEP I know, it was £4... Amazing. They also have some amazing/amazingly reasonably priced pastel necklaces for just that little touch of femininity.



You don't have to fully jump on the bandwagon with every new trend - but these are just some suggestions to dip your toes into the soft pastel colours that the HighStreet has gone mad for - Hopefully you can all give this sherbet sweet trend a try.

Katy xoxo

SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig